Friday, June 29, 2012

You're Beautiful K-drama Vent ( Just a small one)

Okay so I have to vent about this a little. I just recently finished a K-drama called You're Beautiful. I watched the complete series on www.dramacrazy.net which ranked this series number 1 out of 2000 and something videos on their website. This series was sooooooo weak compared to my first K-drama I watched called Personal Taste ( ranked 7). Personal Taste is a series that cause you to laugh, cry, and get mad. With You're Beautiful, there were some moments of sadness but the love between the characters was so lame... apparently giving someone a hug is being extremely affectionate and kissing like its been completely staged. Maybe the lack of intimacy could the age group of the cast, age group they were targeting, and Culture but still. I didn't like how slow the progression and how when those big moments happened, it didn't feel big enough. The relationship between Hwang Tae Kyung and Go Mi Nyu did not fit. Hwang Tae Kyung was so arrogant and Go Mi Nyu was so acceptable of it and clumsy, sweet, and considerate of others. At the end of the series when it was brought to light on how Hwang Tae Kyung was...he still seemed the same but changed a little to be somewhat less harsh. I was just looking for more development in this series but I did not get that.   

If someone has seen this series, please give me your opinion. Maybe I was expected to much since this is just my second K-drama I have ever seen. 

More Info on the series at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You're_Beautiful_(TV_series)



No comments:

Post a Comment